THOMAS BRANDSTRADER, Chicago Criminal Defense Attorney, specializes in the defense and appeals of serious criminal matters in Illinois Courts. He is one of a select group of highly qualified lawyers certified by the Illinois Supreme Court as lead counsel in Death Penalty cases. With 38 years exclusively in the practice of Criminal Law he has exceptional appellate court and trial work experience. He has authored over five hundred briefs and appeared in every appellate district in Illinois as well as the Seventh and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Brandstrader’s expertise includes all areas of criminal defense, appellate and post conviction practice. He has been awarded an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, their highest attorney rating, every year since 2003 and is recognized as a preeminent attorney in the area of Criminal Appellate Law by Leading Lawyers.
Overview ~ The office of Thomas C. Brandstrader concentrates in Appeals and Post Convictions of serious felonies.
Other areas of experience:
- Capital Offenses
- Criminal Conspiracy
- Criminal Fraud ~ Criminal Forfeiture
- Death penalty cases
- Drugs and Narcotics
- Jury Trials, Bench Trials, Pretrial Motions
- Post Trial Motions, Sentencing Hearings
- Search and Seizure
- 1979, California State Bar
- 1981, Illinois State Bar
- 1983, U.S. District Court, Northern, Central and Southern Districts of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh and Ninth Circuits
- Recipient: American Jurisprudence Award in Criminal Procedure.
- Assistant Public Defender, Cook County Public Defender’s Office;
- Public Defender’s Union Negotiating Committee, 1987.
- Treasurer, Public Defender’s Union, 1987.
- Qualified Lead Counsel, Illinois Capital Litigation Bar, Appointed by the Illinois Supreme Court, 2002.
- Appointed by the Illinois Supreme Court as Lead Counsel for Capital Litigation Cases
- Awarded Martindale-Hubbell Lawyer’s Rating of AV, their highest Attorney Rating.
- Recognized as preeminent attorney in the area of Criminal Appellate Law by Leading Lawyers.
Bar/Professional Association Involvement ~
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Illinois Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Office of State Appellate Defender Panel Attorney
- Federal Defenders Association
Chicago Criminal Defense and Appeals: Thomas C. Brandstrader